Announcement of Project Application from Southeast Asia Biodiversity Research Institute, CAS
There are three types of research program for application and they are Regional International Cooperation Fund, Key Area and species Protection Project and Talented Young Scientist Program.
Southeast Asia Biodiversity Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS-SEABRI), serving China’s “the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century road” initiative and the local livelihood, is an international scientific research and education institute, affiliated directly to CAS and managed by Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden(CAS-XTBG). According to the mission of CAS-SEABRI, our research program fund is launched for the researchers from Southeast Asia Countries. All applications should aim 1) to produce a number of significant research achievements in key areas, such as biodiversity catalogs, important biological groups and ecological system protection; 2) to train out a group of professional and technical talents on biodiversity research, environmental conservation and resources sustainable use in Southeast Asian; 3) and to promote sustainable economic and environmental development for local regions. All research programs should focus on biodiversity conservation, natural resources sustainable utilization, ecological environment protection, ethnomedicine and population health and other related fields. There are three types of research program for application and they are Regional International Cooperation Fund(2-4 places), Key Area and species Protection Project (3-5 places) and Talented Young Scientist Program(5-10places).
I. Qualification of Applicants:
1. Requirement for Regional International Cooperation FundApplication
(1)Doctorate onbiology with an associate professor title or above.
(2) Presided over the national fund project and achieved remarkable results
(3)Havethe ability on steering the research development direction, long-term strategic concept, and can lead to work out the international advanced level.
(4)In good state of Physical and mental health, have goodorganizational and leadership skills, and the team spirit.
(5) Carried out relevant research in Southeast Asia, have the cooperation basis, be familiar with the general research situation of tropical Southeast Asia, and publishedmore than 5 SCI papers with as the first author or cumulative impact factor> 10.0.
2. Requirement for Key Area and species Protection Project and Talented Young Scientist Program Application
(1) Master's degree on biology with anassociate researcher title or above.
(2) In good state of Physical and mental health. Have the ability on steering the research development direction, long-term strategic concept, good organizational and leadership skills, and the team spirit.
(3) Having carried out relevant research and have the cooperation basis in Southeast Asia, and punished more than 2 SCI papersas the first authoror cumulative impact factor>5.0.
II. About the Project Responsibilities
1. Closely combined with the mission and vision of CAS-SEABRI, completing the research program and guaranteeing the output.
2. Correctly master the development of the discipline, complete research work, and actively promote the international academic exchanges and cooperative.
3.Actively strive to obtain government or international research work, achieve important research results and causeclose attention to extensively domestic and internationally, enhancing the international influence of CAS-SEABRI.
4. Training talentedyoung scientists in China and Southeast Asian.
III. About the supply conditions and funding
Research members should obey theimplementation of Detail Rules ofStaff Management Regulations of Overseas Institutions of Chinese Academy of Sciences. According to the constriction strategy of CAS-SEABRI as well as the related management methods of Overseas Institutions of CAS, researchers wouldget fund after passing the evaluationof Academic Committee of CAS-SEABRI and signing the charter.
The program fund for Regional International Cooperation is around 50-100 million RMB per 2 years, for Key Area and species Protection Projects is 30-50 million RMB per 2 years and for Talented Young Scientist Program is 10-20 million RMB per 2 years.
IV. Contact information and materials submission
Applicants should prepare the project application, budget table and relevant certification materials in 5 copies, then submit all electronic files as well as the printed copies to CAS-SEABRI office.
The deadline for submission is 25th August, 2017
Contact with: Mr. LI Ren, email@example.com; Ms.YI Xiaoyan, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ms. CUI Qinglan, email@example.com.
Address: Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Menglun, Mengla, Yunnan 666303, China