A Training Course on Breeding and Production Technology of Staple Crops in Southeast Asia
A Training Course on Breeding and Production Technology of Staple Crops in Southeast Asia will held on August 7-22, 2017, should apply before May 31.
Sponsor: Bureau of International Co-operation,
Organizer: Chengdu Institute of Biology,
Co-organizer: Southeast Asia Biodiversity Research Institute,
Crop production plays a crucial role in food security, human life, national economy, and social progress. It is a common problem for Southeast Asian countries as well as
Objectives of the Training
The overall objective of the training is to enhance the capacities of breeding and production of staple crops in Southeast countries. More specifically, the training is designed:
· To familiarize the methods of breeding resource collection, characterization and evaluation.
· To familiarize the techniques of breeding and seed producing.
· To familiarize the technical principle and experimental operation of molecular marker-assisted breeding.
· To familiarize knowledge of crop cultivation and field management.
Date and Venue
· August 7-22, 2017,
Training Course Modules
The two week plus course will be organized in six modules:
· Rice resource collection, characterization and evaluation;
· Rice breeding and seed production techniques;
· Rice cultivation techniques and field management;
· Wheat resource collection, characterization and evaluation;
· Wheat breeding, processing and quality control;
· Stress-resistance breeding and molecular marker assisted breeding.
· The training program will cover the following cost of the participants during the training period:
o Round trip air tickets between resident place of participant and
o Local transportation(during tour and visit)
o Travel insurance (during field trip)
· The training program will provide the participants a daily allowance of 80 Yuan for 16 days.
· Other cost, such as telephone charges, laundry, consumption of hotel room items and others, shall be covered by the participants themselves.
Who Can Apply?
Researchers or administrative officers, who work in fields of crop germplasm collection & evaluation, breeding, cultivation, production and related genetic & molecular studies, from institutes, universities or enterprises in Southeast Asian countries, including but not limited in
The applicants shall be fluent in English and be in good health.
Priorities will be given to those who work in above-mentioned fields of rice or wheat.
Participants Selection and Notification
A total of 15 seats are available. Each applicant will be treated equally and evaluated if she/he is eligible.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by the organizer through emails.
How to apply?
Applicants must fill in the application form and mail it to email@example.com before May 31, 2017.
Ph.D Hang Weizao, Coordinator
Chengdu Institute of Biology,
No. 9, Section 4,
Tel: 86 28 82890980
Fax: 86 28 82890980
8/8/2017 Opening session & Orientation;
9/8/2017 Seed production techniques of hybrid rice;
High yield cultivation and production management of hybrid rice;
10/8/2017 Tour and visit of Rice breeding base;
11/8/2017 Rice resources collection and evaluation;
Mechanism and breeding techniques of rice high yield;
12/8/2017 Visit national hybrid rice engineering and technology center;
13/8/2017 Break time;
14/8/2017 Pathogenicity and resistance mechanism of rice blast;
Prevention and control of rice blast;
15/8/2017 Wheat resources collection and evaluation;
Wheat molecular breeding technology;
High-quality wheat breeding and production development & utilization;
Barley processing and quality evaluation technology;
16/8/2017 Wheat high-yield breeding technology;
Crop molecular marker associated selection (laboratory practice);
17/8/2017 Mechanism of crop tolerance to aluminium and related breeding research;
Pathogenicity of wheat stripe rust and its prevention and control;
18-19/8/2017 Wheat breeding base investigation and practice;
20/8/2017 Break time;
21/8/2017 Closing session;
22/8/2017 Departure of participants.